Spend a delightful twelve days discovering the truly stunning Scottish Highlands and some of the Western Isles. Nowhere else in Britain can match the Scottish Highlands & Islands for sheer splendour and dramatic landscape.
There are spectacular mountains, heather-clad hillsides, tumbling rivers and mirror-like lochs in the Highlands to be explored as well as heading out to the northwest edge of Europe – the 150-mile long island chain of the Hebrides, complete with some of Britain’s best beaches, as well as yet more of the beautiful scenery described above, dotted with small crofts, many sheep and lovely Highland cattle.
This historic region abounds with tales and legends of saints and Picts, of Viking invaders and endlessly warring native clans. It is a long history, much of it bloodied with battles, and it has left the countryside rich in antiquities and burial chambers, standing stones, brochs, forts and castles which can be seen wherever people found land to settle.
“The Scottish Highlands and Islands Tour was one of the very best tours we have ever been on – everything that we experienced was perfect.” N&B.S., Buckinghamshire
Highlights of the Scottish Highlands & Islands
- Motor along the shores of Loch Lomond
- Drive across Rannoch Moor to Glencoe
- Travel along the beautiful Road to the Isles
- See the islands of Skye, Harris & Lewis
- Visit Dunvegan Castle on Skye
- Sample Talisker whisky
- Discover how Harris Tweed is made
- Take a stroll on the incredible Luskentyre beach on Harris
- Drive the superb Golden Road on Harris
- See the Calanais Stones on Lewis
- Experience a traditional blackhouse
- Drive the famed Kylesku road to the northernmost point of the British mainland
- Cross the superb Applecross road – the Pass of the Cattle
- Visit Eilean Donan and Inveraray Castles