The Vamoos App is pretty intuitive, but just in case here are some instructions on how to make the most of the app.
Click here to download these Vamoos Instructions as a PDF file
Open the Vamoos App
Add your login details (sent by email).
Welcome to the home page for the tour.
At the top are icons for:
Menu (see below)
Share – share any part of the tour with friends/family via social media, email, whatsapp etc
Here you will see five menu choices/icons along the bottom:
- Destination Documents
Press the Menu icon and a side screen pops up.
- Refresh – this will refresh your screen in case of updates
- FAQ – about the Vamoos app
- About Us – about Vamoos
- Terms & Conditions
- Settings – how your name appears, to enable/disable notifications, to clear the maps cache
- Load New – to login with new details
- Trips & Events – if you have more than one tour planned Inspirations – be inspired for your future trips
- Flight Hub – if your trip involves flights these will appear at the bottom and holds all the necessary information such as times, duration, terminal, gate etc
The Summary icon brings up the day by day itinerary
Scroll down to read the full overview for each day or swipe sideways to go through the different days
There are also icons for each day at the bottom of the screen
- Accom – a link to the accommodation for that night
- Details – directions, route maps, details & information for the day
- Posts (optional) – add your photos/diary/note/blog etc
- Maps – Showing the accommodation & other points of interest
- Weather – 4-day forecast for the area
The Destination Documents lists overview information including:
- Why a Classic Travelling Tour?
- How to use the tour guide
- Guide to your region/area/country to be visited
- Route Maps & Instructions
- Tour Participants (accompanied group tours only)
- Travel Checklist
- Spares Checklist (for your car)
- Useful Information & FAQs
- Share your holiday
- ABTOT Certificate
- Travel tickets (eg ferry etc)
Maps will show the accommodation as numbered pins (in order of stay)
Various Points of interest will show and these can be hidden or highlighted by clicking the icons at the bottom. When the icon (eg restaurant) shows a tick then everything in that category will show. Unticking it will hide them. Categories include restaurants, cafes, gardens, museums, vineyards, beaches, cultural sites etc.
Pinch the maps to zoom or one finger to drag the maps to a different area.
Sadly, it’s not possible to use the maps on Vamoos to load the tour route maps or for navigation. Please use the MyRouteApp for this.
Tap the location/point of interest to see the name and more details. Tap on each point of interest to read more about it (short description or web link) or tap to get direct directions to the location/point of interest.
The Weather icon shows the forecast for each location during the tour.
Click on each location for a more detailed report for the next four days. It is also possible to then click on each day for a more detailed 3-hourly forecast.
Temperature can be shown in °C or °F (change at bottom right of screen)