Climb the famed Stelvio Pass and enjoy driving around the beautiful Lake Garda in this lovely week-long Italian tour.
The Italian lakes conjure a dreamy image of romance and beauty, amongst the bucolic landscapes. All around mountains tumble steeply into ribbons of blue, islands float enticingly just offshore, whilst mellowed villas sit in perfect gardens along the shorelines. Lake Garda, together with the surrounding area, exhibit an enchanting combination of Mediterranean foliage set against the backdrop of snow-capped mountains.
The Alps are renowned for both their beauty and ability to offer outstanding driving roads. The Stelvio National Park is one of Italy’s major national parks. covering the whole Ortles range of mountains and topped by one of Europe’s largest glaciers, and crossed by the Stelvio Pass, at 2,757m the second highest pass (by 12m) in the Alps and voted the best driving road in the world by BBC’s Top Gear.
Highlights of the Lake Garda & Stelvio Pass tour
- Drive the Stelvio Pass, one of the world’s best driving roads
- Explore the beautiful surroundings of Lake Garda, with its pretty towns and villages
- Explore the fair city of Verona, famed for Romeo & Juliet
- Stay in three beautiful hotels
- Drive along the alpine wine route
- Visit the Alto Adige, the Tyrolean part of Italy
- Also visit the lakes of Idro and Ledro