Discover the delights of northern Spain and the Pyrenees region, on the French-Spanish border, with this fabulous two-week tour. Explore the lesser-known areas of Catalonia and Aragon, where there is little traffic, and therefore excellent driving on exciting, winding roads, accompanied by far-reaching views of hills, mountains and lakes.
Starting and finishing in Bilbao, you can explore a little of Rioja wine region and its vineyards and plains. See Europe’s largest desert, and travel across the Sierra de Guara. Discover historic hilltop towns and villages, and explore the beautiful Pyrenees mountain range on both the Spanish and French sides. Travel through the mountainous and tax-free principality of Andorra and visit the enchanting seaside resort of San Sebastian, which is also renowned as the gourmet capital of Spain.
The Pyrenees extends for about 300 miles (490 km) from the Bay of Biscay to the Mediterranean Sea, running through Spain, France, and Andorra, and the mountains form a natural border between France and Spain. So the Pyrenees covers a very large area and even within the Spanish Pyrenees they run through a number of areas of Spain (Catalonia, Aragon, Navarre, and Basque).
Highlights of the Spanish Pyrenees
- Beautiful mountain roads & passes
- Impressive castles such as Castillo de Loarre
- Explore medieval towns & villages
- Breath-taking scenery of the Pyrenees mountains
- Sample wonderful cuisine and wines
- Stay in wonderful hotels, including stunning villas, boutique hotels, historic buildings and wooden mountain lodges
- Visit three countries: Spain, France & Andorra