A wonderful two-week tour of the Norwegian fjords and mountains. This tour takes you on an amazing journey through historical, cultural and scenic delights. Highlights include visiting the spectacular fjords, exploring the exquisite towns of Bergen and Alesund, driving some of the world’s most thrilling mountain passes (Trollstigen, Ørnesvingen, Gamle Strynfjellsvegen, Sognefjellet and more) and scenic drives, including the famed Atlantic Road, past breathtaking scenery and vistas, and discovering one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
The tour will start and finish in Kristiansand before heading north to Telemark to stay overnight in a gorgeous wooden hotel by the water. Drive north, past the Voringfossen Waterfall, to Bergen for a couple of nights, and night at Balestrand, and then onto the Alesund area for three nights. Leave the coast and turn inland to the fjords and stay at the end of most famous, Geirangerfjord, where we shall stay for two nights. Climb the mountains and pass through valleys to Lom and then onto Sogndal. Take a ferry cruise across Sognefjord and into the mountains for a night, then south to the coast, to a small island for the final night in Norway.
“What a fantastic trip !!!! I strongly doubt you can have more fun with your clothes on !?!?” – B.H., Sweden
Highlights of the Norwegian Fjords
- Sensational Norwegian fjords including Geirgangerfjord, Hardangerfjord & Sognefjord
- Thrilling mountain roads of Trollstigen, Ørnesvingen, Gamle Strynfjellsvegen, Sognefjellet and more
- The famed Atlantic Road, hopping across the coastal islands
- Breath-taking & majestic scenery of one of the world’s most beautiful countries
- Visit Bergen, Ålesund & Geiranger
- Stay in gorgeous hotels, from beautiful city hotels, incredible Gothic-style wooden hotels to fjord-edge hotels and luxurious log-built hotels
- Cultural delights such as stave churches, historic towns & villages, fascinating museums