The Italian Lakes conjure a dreamy image of romance and beauty, amongst the bucolic landscapes. All around mountains tumble steeply into ribbons of blue, islands float enticingly just offshore, whilst mellowed villas sit in perfect gardens along the shorelines.
“See the Lakes in style with Classic Travelling… fold down the roof and follow a specially designed scenic route that snakes around the back roads between Maggiore, Como, Iseo and Garda”. The Sunday Times, Italian Top 20
This ten-night tour will explore Lakes Maggiore, Orta, Como, Iseo and Garda, together with the surrounding areas which exhibit an enchanting combination of Mediterranean foliage set against the backdrop of snow-capped mountains. There are some of the most beautiful towns and striking gardens in the whole of Europe to be visited. Experience aristocratic villas, glorious sunsets, boat trips to islands with magical villages, a fascinating range of cuisines, truly superb wines and, of course, the lakes themselves and all they have to offer.
Highlights of the Italian Lakes
- Drive around the beautiful lakes of Maggiore, Orta, Como, Iseo & Garda
- Discover the delightful Borromean Islands in Lake Maggiore
- Visit the charming town of Orta San Guilio and Lake Orta
- Explore the pretty towns of Bellagio, Varenna, Orta & Sirmione
- Visit the lovely town of Verona, famed for Juliet’s balcony
- Enjoy wonderful scenic routes around and between the lakes