The Italian Lakes conjure a dreamy image of romance and beauty, amongst the bucolic landscapes. All around mountains tumble steeply into ribbons of blue, islands float enticingly just offshore, whilst mellowed villas sit in perfect gardens along the shorelines. The Swiss Alps are renowned for their splendour, incredible scenery and world-class mountain drives. This Italian Lakes & Swiss Alps tour has it all!
Explore Lakes Maggiore, Orta, Como, Iseo and Garda, together with the surrounding areas which exhibit an enchanting combination of Mediterranean foliage set against the backdrop of snow-capped mountains. There are some of the most beautiful towns and striking gardens in the whole of Europe to be visited. Experience aristocratic villas, glorious sunsets, boat trips to islands with magical villages, a fascinating range of cuisines, truly superb wines and, of course, the lakes themselves and all they have to offer.
The tour will start and finish in Switzerland, crossing the Simplon Pass into Italy and staying on Lake Maggiore then Lake Como. From Lake Garda drive across the famed Stelvio Pass and back into Switzerland, with a night in beautiful St Moritz. Then drive some of the world’s best mountain passes to stay overnight in the chic resort of Crans Montana. Drive through the UNESCO-listed Swiss vineyards for a final night at a fabulous hotel overlooking Lac Leman (Lake Geneva) with a delicious farewell dinner.
It is also possible to just enjoy 7 nights of the Italian Lakes if you do not wish to do the entire tour.
We can also arrange transport of your car to/from the start/finish of the tour. Please enquire or read on below for details
Highlights of the Italian Lakes & Swiss Alps
- Drive around the Italian lakes of Maggiore, Orta, Como, Iseo & Garda
- Discover the Borromean Islands in Lake Maggiore
- Explore the pretty towns of Bellagio, Varenna, Orta & Sirmione
- Visit the lovely town of Verona, famed for Juliet’s balcony
- Enjoy wonderful scenic routes around and between the lakes
- Stay in the wonderful Swiss Alpine resorts of St Moritz and Crans Montana
- Drive stunning alpine passes including the Stelvio, Bernina, Julier, Furka and Simplon passes
- Stay in exquisite hotels – all luxurious, unique and very special
- See the beautiful Swiss lakes of Neuchatel and Geneva/Leman
- Gaze upon the incredible Swiss Alps, including the peaks of the Matterhorn and Mont Blanc
- Taste the perfect cheese fondue
- Visit the fabulous Maison Cailler world of chocolate
- Explore the medieval hilltop village of Gruyères
- Drive through the enchanting vineyards and wine-growing villages that border Lac Leman