The largest island off the English coast is a delightful, self-contained community covering an area of 147 square miles, half of which is designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The 67 miles of coastline include dramatic chalk and sandstone cliffs, soft sandy beaches, tranquil sand dunes, marshes and estuaries and deep coastal ravines, while inland there are ancient forests, rolling farmland, downs and river valleys. The mild climate ensures usually good weather, with some fabulous gardens and botanical areas. The Island currently has the highest number of award-winning beaches in England, all managed to the highest standards. The Isle of Wight is the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing break, at any time of the year. It is a stunning Island with unspoilt scenery and a wealth of fascinating attractions.
DUE TO CORONA VIRUS THIS TOUR HAS BEEN POSTPONED FROM APRIL 2020 TO OCTOBER 2020. DUE TO THE DATE CHANGE, THERE IS NOW ONE PREMIER ROOM & ONE DELUXE ROOM AVAILABLE ON THE PREVIOUSLY FULLY-BOOKED TOUR.
Highlights of the Isle of Wight
- Explore Queen Victoria’s lovely home of Osborne House
- Stay in a lovely hotel in the beach resort of Ventnor
- Drive along the fabulous Military Road to Freshwater
- See the famed Needles off the western coast of the island
- Stroll around the lovely town of Cowes, Britain’s yachting capital
- See where Charles I was imprisoned at Carisbrooke Castle
- Visit the delightful Mottistone Manor (National Trust) & Appuldurcombe House
- Visit the Classic Boat Museum in Cowes