Classic Travelling offers motoring holidays and driving tours for owners and drivers of classic, vintage and sports cars of all ages. Classic Travelling allows you to enjoy your car whilst travelling the world, driving one great road after another.
Classic Travelling ensures that you:
- Drive the best roads in the area
- Stay in charming and luxurious hotels
- Have suitable parking for your car each night
- Have easy to follow directions and route maps
- Have a comprehensive guide on what to see and do throughout your tour
- Know a brief history of and information on each area/region you visit
- Have GPS files for your own sat-nav, or can borrow a pre-loaded Garmin for Group Tours
A Classic Travelling tour is organised, but you are not. Your free time is precious enabling you to spend your days as you wish, at your own pace.
What makes Classic Travelling different?
- We drive every single mile of every single tour we offer to ensure its suitability for your enjoyment.
- We carefully handpick every hotel searching for the best, small, character, luxury hotels
- There are no competitive aspects to our tours
- You are free to choose what to see and do each day
- Our tours can be taken independently or with escorted groups
- Escorted tours are kept to a maximum of 20 cars
- Mechanical support on escorted group tours outside the UK
- Groups tours are escorted by knowledgeable, experienced, helpful and friendly tour guides
- Our comprehensive tour book includes:
- Easy to follow directions
- A concise history of the area/region
- Anecdotes or stories about the places you are passing through
- A guide to what there is to see, do and visit each day
- Recommendations for places to eat and drink
- Accommodation information
- Useful information
- The tour pack for Group Tours also includes a road atlas, pen/highlighter, rally plate, windscreen sticker, luggage tag, and clear folder to keep your information dry/secure in an open car.
- We pride ourselves on our attention to detail in preparing every trip we undertake, for clubs, groups and individuals.
Nearly 80% of Classic Travelling’s bookings are from previous tour participants, many of whom have enjoyed over 8 of our tours – and one loyal couple has just booked their 18th tour! However, everyone is made to feel equally welcome, there are no cliques, and many people comment on the friendliness and sociability of our group tours.
Classic Travelling was established in February 2003 and with our continual presence on the best touring roads, we are second to none for advice about exploring the world by road, and off the beaten track.
For any questions or queries have a look at the FAQ page, or the Useful Information page.