Croatia is blessed with a wealth of natural riches – a fabulous Mediterranean shoreline dotted with islands and idyllic beaches, beautiful mountainous country with far-reaching vistas, and charming old towns, with histories dating back millennia. This really is Europe at its most unspoiled. There are also plenty of gorgeous hotels, sophisticated restaurants and incredible cultural sights with ancient ruins and some wonderful old-world charm.
This two-week tour to discover the delights of Croatia (and a little bit of Slovenia) will start and finish in Slovenia’s capital city, Ljubljana. You can either drive to Ljubljana, or we will arrange transport of your car to/from Ljubljana.
Leave Ljubljana and head via the amazing Postojna Caves into Croatia, and stay in the gorgeous coastal town of Rovinj. Discover the Istria Peninsula, then drive down the beautiful Adriatic coastline heading down to Zadar then Split. Spend a couple of nights on the stylish island of Hvar before continuing onto stunning Dubrovnik. Wind your way north via the incredible lakes at Plitvice National Park and then Croatia’s capital, Zagreb. Visit lovely Varazdin and cross back into Slovenia. Gentle in pace, this trip allows you to discover some of Europe’s prettiest towns and cities, stunning scenery and cultural sights.
Highlights of Croatia & Slovenia
- See the wonderful Slovenian capital of Ljubljana
- Visit the awe-inspiring Postojna Caves
- Discover the beautiful Istrian Peninsula
- Wander around the postcard-perfect town of Rovinj
- Drive along Croatia’s spectacular coastline
- Visit the lovely town of Zadar and hear the unique Sea Organ
- Marvel at the history, culture and architecture of Split
- Discover the charming island of Hvar, famed for its lavender
- Explore the iconic town of Dubrovnik
- Drive across inland Croatia with its beautiful meadows and scenery
- See the amazing water features of the Krka National Park
- Walk around the simply incredible Plitvice National Park with its almost Disney-like scenery and waterfalls
- Discover the captivating capital city, Zagreb