Enjoy the Cotswolds with this two-day tour winding through the pretty and scenic roads. This route includes small country towns, chocolate box villages and typically English countryside.
“The most English and the least spoiled of all our countrysides” wrote JB Priestley in 1933.
The honey-yellow stone towns and villages of the Cotswolds have enchanted visitors for generations and it is a perfect touring area with quiet, meandering roads and quaint architecture. This region is an area of outstanding natural beauty and our suggested route will take you along the most scenic drives, and offers plenty to do and see.
Highlights of the Cotswolds
- Stay at one of the Cotswolds most luxurious and indulgent country house hotels
- Discover beautiful and traditional stone-built villages such as Lower Slaughter
- Explore wonderful towns, full of history, such as Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold, Broadway, Tetbury & Winchcombe
- Visit the amazing Snowshill Manor, now in the care of the National Trust
- Be enchanted by the magnificent Hidcote Manor and Gardens
- See the famous Arlington Row in the very pretty village of Bibury
- Stop awhile at Barnsley House for coffee and to see the gardens
- Enjoy a stroll around the superb Rococo gardens at Painswick
- Spend quiet moments at the ruins of Hailes Abbey
- See how the Romans lived at Chedworth Roman Villa
- Sample gastronomic delights in a variety of pubs and restaurants