This two-week tour of the Alps and mountain regions of France, Germany, Austria, Italy and Switzerland takes you on an amazing journey through historical, cultural and scenic delights.
Highlights include some incredible Alpine driving as well as passing through the Champagne region, visiting Alsace, touring southern Bavaria with its fairy-tale castles, travelling through the magnificent Austrian and Swiss Alps, driving some of the world’s most thrilling mountain passes, including the Stelvio, past breath-taking scenery, and sampling the wonderful cuisine and wines.
- Thrilling mountain roads & passes of Alsace, Austrian & Swiss Alps, including the famed Stelvio Pass
- Fairy-tale castles of Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau in southern Germany
- Explore a variety of medieval towns & villages
- Visit the Gruyeres cheese dairy
- Indulge yourself at the Cailler chocolate factory
- See the wonderful lake at Tegernsee
- Experience the Dokumentation Centre and Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest at Berchtesgaden
- Visit the Swarovski Factory & Visitor Centre in Austria
- Stay in fabulous alpine resorts such as Kitzbuhl & Gstaad
- Breath-taking scenery of France, Germany, Austria, Italy & Switzerland
- Sample wonderful cuisine & fine wines
- Glorious hotels, including stunning chateaux, cosy wooden chalets & medieval townhouses
“A really enjoyable tour. The road book was excellent – you obviously know the area very well. In all the hotels the staff were really welcoming and attentive – this really makes a holiday. We wouldn’t hesitate to use Classic Travelling again and we will recommend you to other people.” M.R., CAAR GB CLUB
Click here to read the article from the 2013 Trans-Alpine Tour in MOG Magazine