This Grand Tour of western Switzerland leads you on a tour of discovery through this fascinating country, one of Europe’s most beautiful. An outstanding route takes you through some of the country’s most stunning regions, with spectacular views from amazing mountain passes and scenic routes. Discover vibrant cities, charming villages, gin-clear lakes and stunning mountain views. A magnificent holiday and driving experience – and a concentration of all things Swiss.
Switzerland may be small, but it packs a lot into its land-locked, peaceful borders. The country is as famed for its independence and neutrality as it is for its chocolate and cheese, and as renowned for its astonishingly beautiful scenery as for its cleanliness, clockwork efficiency and welcoming, friendly, hospitable people. But Switzerland is, of course, synonymous too with its towering Alps and mighty glaciers. Iconic mountain slopes give way to gentler valleys with green pastures dotted with tiny chalets, where the only sound is the soft tinkling of cowbells. Water torrents plunging down to valley floors turn into winding streams that flow through rich, flower-filled meadows. Wherever you go, the scenery is truly magnificent.
The Seven Cs? Chocolate, Cheese, Chalets, Cuckoo Clocks, Cantons, Cable Cars, Cows (and many more!)
- Drive stunning alpine passes including the Tremola, Susten, Furkha and Grimsel passes
- Stay in exquisite hotels – all luxurious, unique and very special
- See the beautiful lakes of Neuchatel, Murten, Gruyères, Thunersee and Geneva/Leman, among others
- Gaze upon the incredible Swiss Alps, including the peaks of the Matterhorn, Eiger and Mont Blanc
- Visit the famous cheese-producing areas of Gruyères and Emmental, among others
- Taste the perfect cheese fondue
- Visit the fabulous Maison Cailler world of chocolate
- Travel to Europe’s highest train station at Jungfraujoch
- Explore the medieval hilltop village of Gruyères
- Discover Hallwyl Castle, one of Switzerland’s most important moated castles
- Fascinating, historic cities of Neuchâtel, Fribourg, the capital Bern, Luzern/Lucerne, and Lausanne
- Drive through the enchanting vineyards and wine-growing villages that border Lake Geneva
- Explore the famous alpine resorts of Gstaad, Zermatt, Crans Montana & Villars
Travel to Switzerland
For tour participants from the UK there will be a two-day route given (and hotel reserved) from Dover to Neuchatel, Switzerland and again for the return journey. Alternatively, we can arrange for your car to be transported with Oldtimer Services, who will also be our support crew for the tour.