Kent is known as the Garden of England, with orchards, vineyards and fields with hops but also many other attractions, imposing cathedrals, beautiful castles and stunning gardens – all connected by scenic country lanes. Enjoy a four-night stay in a beautiful country house hotel, with three days of lovely driving around this historic county.
Kent is often overlooked as people head through to Dover and the continent but it’s well worth a more detailed exploration. It is also a fabulous introduction to the English countryside for those living in mainland Europe. Kent is the English county closest to the continent, easy to reach with a short ferry crossing or just 35 minutes through the tunnel under the English Channel.
THIS TOUR IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
• Stunning scenery of the Weald, Kent & parts of Sussex
• Visit England’s oldest brewery, Shepherd Neame
• Discover the famous gardens of Sissinghurst, Great Dixter & Great Comp
• Visit the incredible Canterbury Cathedral
• Explore beautiful properties such as Rudyard Kipling’s Batemans, Ightham Mote & Knole House
• Visit Sir Winston Churchill’s home of Chartwell
• Visit Bodiam Castle, Hever Castle, Leeds Castle, Chiddingstone Castle
• Cultural delights such as historic churches, ancient towns & villages, & fascinating museums