Escorted Group Tours
Classic Travelling organises escorted group tours for up to 20 classic, vintage or sports cars. We aim to provide you with a fun and enjoyable touring holiday, driving your car on superb roads, experiencing stunning scenery and interesting cultural sites in the UK, Europe and beyond, whilst enjoying friendly camaraderie of your fellow travellers. All our group tours are all accompanied by an experienced tour director and associate, allowing you to relax and enjoy the experience, for a truly unforgettable time and happy memories.
Classic Travelling offers a unique experience, blending the friendship and safety that comes with group travel and the independence of a self-drive experience. The journey through beautiful countryside is shared with a small group minimum of eight, but no more than 20 cars, led by an expert concierge/tour director.
While Classic Travellers enjoy independently touring, everyone is still provided with all the necessary safety, security and comfort. The hand-picked boutique properties, rich in local traditions and history, offer a good night’s sleep and some of the best restaurants in the country means travellers will always be well fed.
Our group trips are ideal for friends, couples, or for individuals to join, and everyone is made to feel equally welcome and at home. We also arrange group tours for Clubs, and have a wealth of experience in this area, having organised and run three major anniversary tours for the three most famous cars in the world: The Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost Centenary, the Jaguar E-type 50th anniversary & the Aston Martin Centenary!
- We organised two tours to celebrate the Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost Centenary in 2007, with 63 Silver Ghosts (including THE Silver Ghost, AX 201) travelling from 5 continents to the UK for a three week tour of Scotland in May and then a 10 day tour of England’s west country in September. We have subsequently organised three further tours for the 20-Ghost Club.Click here to see the photos.
- Classic Travelling organised The Italian Job Tour, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Jaguar E-type in 2011, on behalf of the E-type Club. We had 40 cars from 10 countries across 4 continents on a fabulous 12 day tour to France, Switzerland and Italy, accompanied by the prototype car, 9600 HP and the red roadster from The Italian Job film, 848 CRY. Click here to see the photos.
- Classic Travelling organised a day tour to celebrate the Centenary of Aston Martin in 2013, on behalf of the Aston Martin Owners’ Club, starting at Stoke Park, Buckinghamshire and finishing at Wilton House, Wiltshire to coincide with the Wilton Classic & Supercars event on Sunday 4 August 2013.
- Since 2008 Classic Travelling has developed and run tours for the Jaguar Drivers’ Club, with tours to the Italian Lakes, the Baltic States, Spain and Portugal, and in 2013 a tour to Tuscany & Umbria, as well as in the UK. We also organised the SS Register Tour to Wales in 2011. Click here to see photos.
- Classic Travelling organised tours for the E-type Club and XK Club from 2009 to 2011 inclusive, with tours to France, Norway, Italy, Scotland and around the UK. Click here to see photos.
- CAAR GB, a multi-marque club, enjoyed Classic Travelling’s gorgeous Trans-Alpine Tour in May/June 2011, with 10 cars as a private tour.
- We have created and organised many other tours for private groups of friends and other marques of cars.
“We should have joined one of your tours ages ago! It was beautifully planned and executed with those small touches and unexpected extras, which made all the difference. It was a pleasure to be so well looked after, yet to still have our independence! Not at all the regimental exercise we had assumed!” H.B., Lincolnshire
Join one of our escorted tours for great fun and camaraderie. There will be no more than 20 cars on each tour. Numbers are kept deliberately low as it makes for a far more personal experience and allows us to use more charming accommodation.
The whole basis of the tour is to enjoy yourselves – there are no early starts, no convoy driving, no competitive stages – just gorgeous hotels, fabulous routes, good food and wine – and, of course, great company.
We drive each route in advance to ensure it is appropriate and scenic, and be able to give you accurate directions; we personally check each hotel to make sure that it has character, and that suitable parking is available; and we scout local activities and visits, so that you can make the most of your holiday. Each car is given a comprehensive tour book detailing all this information.
Classic Travelling believes in delivering all that you expect – and more – because miles away from home, during your valuable holiday, is not the time, or the place for disappointment.
Classic Travelling can organise fabulous motoring tours for your club or group of friends. These can either be escorted tours (with Classic Travelling guides) or private tours. All cars are given a comprehensive tour book, with maps, directions, accommodation details, and information on everything to do, see and visit each day. Any of our scheduled tours can also be arranged as a private tour at a time to suit, or we can create a specific tour to meet your club’s requirements.
Classic Travelling arranges:
- Ferries (to Ireland, Spain, Holland, France), Eurotunnel (UK – France) or motorail (Holland to Italy or Slovenia), where applicable
- Accommodation: generally 4-5 star standard, but always charming and comfortable, and usually luxurious. We try and choose hotels that are representative of the countries we visit – not soul-less chains that could be anywhere on earth.
- Scenic routes: beautiful landscapes, fun driving and lovely visits en route.
- Tour books: with detailed route information and directions, maps, and plenty of information on the things to do, see and visit each day
- Meals: breakfast is always included, and dinner is included on most evenings
- Tour guides: for city tours etc.
- Regalia: clothing, rally plaques, bags, caps, umbrellas, rugs – the list is endless
- Rally plaques: to your design, or we can create plaques for you
- Activities and excursions
- Tour Director/Manager: Sarah Dowding, founder and director of Classic Travelling accompanies all group tours to ensure the tour runs smoothly. She is either accompanied by her husband, Nick Richmond, who is a chiropractor – and ‘human mechanic’ on tours, Liz Dowding or Ella Pickard, our lovely, happy and popular Tour Managers. The team are all very friendly and there to really help you make the most of your holiday.
- Tour Mechanics (for all our non-UK tours): with Dan Monk of Winchester Classics & Joe Coleman of Oldtimer Services. Dan & Joe have worked on our foreign tours since 2010 and are very popular for their ‘can do’ attitude, hard work and great senses of humour!
Call to discuss your requirements on +44 (0)845 230 1678 or email email@example.com.