WHY JOIN OUR GROUP TOURS?
The whole basis of Classic Travelling tours is to enjoy yourselves. Classic Travelling drives each route in advance to ensure it is appropriate and scenic, and be able to give you accurate directions; we personally check each hotel to make sure that it has character, and that suitable parking is available; and we scout local activities and visits, so that you can make the most of your holiday. Each car is given a comprehensive tour book detailing all this information.
- Escorted group tours for up to 20 classic, vintage or sports cars
- Fun and enjoyable touring holiday
- Drive your car on superb roads and experience fabulous scenic routes
- See stunning scenery and visit interesting and lovely places in the UK, Europe and beyond
- Stay in gorgeous, charming, high-quality hotels—usually 4-5 star standard but not soul-less chains
- Indulge in great food and wines. Breakfast is always included as are most dinners, which include wine.
- Enjoy friendly camaraderie with your fellow travellers
- No early starts, no convoy driving, no competitive stages
- Tour books: with detailed route information and directions, maps, and plenty of information on the things to do, see and visit each day
- Pre-loaded Garmin GPS/sat-navs available on loan, or GPS files can be given to upload to your own device
- All our group tours are all accompanied by an experienced tour director and associate, allowing you to relax and enjoy the experience, for a truly unforgettable time and happy memories.
- Tour mechanic on all tours outside the UK and Ireland—in case of ‘failures to proceed’
- Ideal for friends, couples, or for individuals to join
- Everyone is made to feel equally welcome and at home, and many comment that Classic Travelling tours are the friendliest tours they have ever enjoyed
- We also arrange group tours for Clubs, and have a wealth of experience in this area, having organised and run three major anniversary tours for the three most famous cars in the world:
- The Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost Centenary,
- The Jaguar E-type 50th anniversary
- The Aston Martin Centenary
- We organised two tours to celebrate the Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost Centenary in 2007, with 63 Silver Ghosts (including THE Silver Ghost, AX 201) travelling from 5 continents to the UK for a three week tour of Scotland in May and then a 10 day tour of England’s west country in September. We have subsequently organised three further tours for the 20-Ghost Club.Click here to see the photos.
- Classic Travelling organised The Italian Job Tour, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Jaguar E-type in 2011, on behalf of the E-type Club. We had 40 cars from 10 countries across 4 continents on a fabulous 12 day tour to France, Switzerland and Italy, accompanied by the prototype car, 9600 HP and the red roadster from The Italian Job film, 848 CRY. Click here to see the photos.
- Classic Travelling organised a day tour to celebrate the Centenary of Aston Martin in 2013, on behalf of the Aston Martin Owners’ Club, starting at Stoke Park, Buckinghamshire and finishing at Wilton House, Wiltshire to coincide with the Wilton Classic & Supercars event on Sunday 4 August 2013.
- Since 2008 Classic Travelling has developed and run tours for the Jaguar Drivers’ Club, with tours to the Italian Lakes, the Baltic States, Spain and Portugal, and in 2013 a tour to Tuscany & Umbria, as well as in the UK. We also organised the SS Register Tour to Wales in 2011. Click here to see photos.
- Classic Travelling organised tours for the E-type Club and XK Club from 2009 to 2011 inclusive, with tours to France, Norway, Italy, Scotland and around the UK. Click here to see photos.
- CAAR GB, a multi-marque club, enjoyed Classic Travelling’s gorgeous Trans-Alpine Tour in May/June 2011, with 10 cars as a private tour.
- We have created and organised many other tours for private groups of friends and other marques of cars.
“We should have joined one of your tours ages ago! It was beautifully planned and executed with those small touches and unexpected extras, which made all the difference. It was a pleasure to be so well looked after, yet to still have our independence! Not at all the regimental exercise we had assumed!” H.B., Lincolnshire
Call to discuss your requirements on +44 (0)1264 710375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.