A lovely short tour to wind down after the Monaco Historique weekend and to bring drivers, passengers and cars back to the UK in a leisurely, relaxed manner. This tour will travel along the edge of the Alps, to Lake Annecy, and then through the wine regions of Burgundy and Champagne, finishing with a visit to Vimy Ridge before finishing in Calais. Stay in some wonderful hotels and chateaux along the way.
This tour was developed for the Bentley Drivers’ Club but we have a few spaces remaining, so it’s now open to any cars heading home after Monaco Historique.
• Sensational alpine scenery
• Drive the fabulous Route Napoleon
• Enjoy thrilling alpine passes & roads
• Stay on the shores of Lake Annecy
• Visit the wine-producing areas of Burgundy & Champagne
• An exclusive visit & tour to Pol-Roger Champagne (not open to the public)
• See Vimy Ridge from WWII
• Cultural delights such as historic castles & churches, ancient towns & villages, & fascinating museums
May be subject to change.
Day 1 : 14 May 2018 158 miles
After a leisurely breakfast depart from Monaco. It’s a fabulous drive north, through the mountains, and along parts of the Route Napoleon, to the town of Gap. Stay overnight in a lovely little hotel, full of charm and character. Dinner will be in the excellent restaurant.
Day 2 : 15 May 2018 172 miles
Head into the Alps via Briançon then over some fabulous alpine passes and roads to the beautiful Lake Annecy. Stay overnight in a beautiful historic building in a magical setting on the lake edge. A fabulous dinner is included.
Day 3 : 16 May 2018 161 miles
Leave Lake Annecy then north across the Jura mountains and into the Burgundy region. Stay in a gorgeous hotel in the beautiful little village of Puligny Montrachet, famed for its white wines, just to the south of Beaune. Dinner will be a real treat again.
Day 4 : 17 May 2018 195 miles
Leave Beaune and head north across lovely open countryside and along the River Seine valley to Chatillon sur Seine. The route then takes you through the delightful Foret d’Orient, near Troyes, before heading into the vineyards of the Champagne region. Stay in a fabulous five-star hotel, part of the Relais Chateaux group, near Epernay, which is also renowned for its food. Dinner is included.
Day 5 : 18 May 2018 184 miles
Leave the chateau and drive to the epicentre of Champagne production at Epernay. We have an exclusive private visit of the renowned Pol Roger Champagne house in the centre of town, which includes a tour of the cellars and the production facilities.
Continue to Hautvillers, where Dom Perignon is buried. It’s then a leisurely route through the vineyards and rolling countryside to the historic hilltop town of Laon, which is an ideal place for coffee.
Drive on to the lovely town of Arras, where the main square is a great place to stop for lunch. From Arras drive to Vimy Ridge, where there is the amazing Canadian Memorial from WW1. There is also an excellent museum and the trenchlines and shell craters from a century ago are still very visible.
Continue onto the final hotel, a beautifully-restored 18th century chateau and indulge in superb French cuisine for the final dinner in the excellent restaurant.
Day 6 : 19 May 2018 16 miles
After a delicious breakfast leave the chateau and drive the short distance to Calais. There is a flexible ticket included with P&O Ferries to take you to Dover and then depart for home. There is also an option to take the ferry from Zeebrugge to Hull.
We have carefully hand-picked five charming, delightful and top-class hotels, renowned for their character and service, as well as their fine cuisine. All the hotels have suitable parking for your car.
- 5 nights in lovely hotels (one 3* and four excellent 4* hotels)
- Breakfast each morning
- Three course dinner with wine each evening (1/2 bottle per person)
- Exclusive, private tour of Pol Roger Champagnes
- Comprehensive tour book with detailed direction, route maps, hotel information, and details on everything there is to do, see and visit each day
- Flexible one-way ferry crossing with P&O Ferries from Calais to Dover (or Zeebrugge to Hull with supplement)
- Accompanied by experienced, knowledgeable and friendly tour guide, Sarah Dowding and assistant
£1,480 per person, sharing a double/twin room. Single occupancy is £2,245